1. The kinds of information we collect and hold
Depending on the particular circumstances, we may collect and hold different information about you.
1.1.Individually identifiable information
The types of individually identifiable information we collect will depend on the purposes(s) for which we are collecting it. For example, we may ask for:
- Your name;
- Contact details;
- Identification information;
As well as other similar Personal Information that is needed to offer and fulfill your needs of our services or offers. If you do not provide certain requested Personal Information to us, we may not be able to provide you with access to and use of the Site, provide you with access to our other products and services, or to fulfil one or more of our functions and activities applicable to you.
Completion of and submission of any form on this website is entirely at the discretion of you, the website user.
1.2. Non-identifiable information
Non-identifiable information is data that have never been labelled with individual identifiers or from which identifiers have been permanently removed, and by means of which no specific individual can be identified. When you visit the Site, our Company servers may automatically record non-identifiable information that your browser sends. This data may include:
- Your computer's IP address;
- Browser type;
- The pages within www.thebridalatelier.com.au you visit;
- Your location.
Non-identifiable information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our Site and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other Personal Information
2. How we collect your information
We collect your information directly from you in a number of ways, including but not limited to when you:
- Browse our Site;
- Make a purchase from us;
- Sign up to our Mailing List;
- Contact our Stores in Melbourne or Sydney, either about an appointment or for any other reason.
Completion of and submission of any form or order on this website is entirely at the discretion of you, the website user.
3. How we hold your Personal Information
We may store your Personal Information in hard copy or electronic format, in facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our services providers. We take the privacy and security of your Personal Information seriously and we use a number of procedures and processes to ensure, where possible, the security and integrity of your Personal Information.
We protect your Personal Information by:
- Restricting access to Personal Information;
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access;
- Securely destroying your Personal Information when it is no longer needed for our record retention purposes.
- To further secure your credit card, we also don’t keep details of your credit card information, including the security code (or CCV number) that you need to input in order to complete an order using your credit card.
However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. Once any information is in our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, and modification or disclosure. While we strive to protect such information, we cannot guarantee 100% the security of any information (personal or other) you transmit to us. Therefore, we will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the Site being linked to the Internet.
4. How we use your information
We may use your information for a range of different purposes, including:
- To provide products and services to you;
- To communicate with you, including about products and services, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- To answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- To create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- To gain an understanding your information to improve or develop our products and services;
- To provide you with better customer services;
- To perform research and analysis;
- To carry out administration, marketing, planning, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way The Bridal Atelier provide products and services to you; and;
- To comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
We collect aggregated information about you which informs us about our users. The browser information we collect is used in an aggregated, anonymous manner in our internal analysis of traffic patterns within our Site.
5. When we disclose your information
We engage a range of third parties to provide services and perform business support functions for us. Some of those third parties need access to Personal Information in order to provide the services or perform the functions we require. Therefore, we may disclose your information to these third parties to:
- Assist us in providing products and services you have ordered;
- Conduct market research and marketing strategy analysis; and
- Manage or develop our business and corporate strategies and functions.
Where we share your Personal Information with third party service providers, they will be contractually bound to use the information only for the purposes of providing the services or performing the functions required by us and to store the information securely.
We may disclose personal information to overseas recipients, who are located in places such as, the United States of America, New Zealand and other countries or jurisdictions depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to us (for example storing data via a cloud service, or where our customer relationship management system is hosted on servers located overseas, or where delivery address information for online orders or payment is managed via a third party located overseas).
We use “cookies” when you visit our Site. It is a technology that enables us to operate an efficient service and track the patterns of behavior of visitors to www.thebridalatelier.com.au.
By using thebridalatelier.com.au, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the Site in the future. You can modify the settings on your device to prevent cookie use.
Notwithstanding any other provision, we may also engage a third party service provider who may combine your information with information from another; and may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser for the purpose of identifying users and delivering to them interest-based content and advertisements. To opt-out of third party cookies, please contact us directly at email@example.com
7. How to access or correct your Personal Information
Under the Privacy Act, individuals have a right to complete access to their records. You may ask us in writing to provide you with details of the Personal Information we hold about you. We will endeavour to process your request as soon as practicable.
If you wish for your Personal Information to be removed from our database, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us directly at email@example.com
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Australia, the United States and New Zealand.
8. How to make a complaint about a breach of privacy
9. Changes to this Policy
LAST UPDATED JUNE 2018